I'll be at the World Fantasy Con in Calgary this weekend

Yup, I'll be there, doing a reading, sitting on a panel and signing books. So come on out and say hi.

Some heavy hitters will be there including Joe Haldeman and Robert J. Sawyer. I'm privileged to count Rob as a friend; we got to know each other at NorWesCon in Seattle in 2005, and have had a great time chatting ever since. Rob even blurbed my second novel; I greatly admire his work (Calculating God is one of my favourite books) and the stunning intellect behind it.


Joe Haldeman I don't know, but I met him ten years ago last summer in Calgary.

I'd loved his work since I was a kid. In fact, one of the first novels I ever read (I think I was in Grade 3) was his Planet of Judgement.

I read The Forever War when I was in my early 20s (which was a while ago) and loved the mind-screw of time dilation. So it'll be neat to meet him again... last time a fan, this time a pro.


E-Town author Gayleen Froese will be there, and I've read her 3-Day Novel and found it excellent. So hey, lots of neat folks and things and such and I'm tired so I don't have anything else to say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mazisi Kunene's “Thoughts on June 26 (South African Liberation Day)”

BARBARA PERRY ON HOW TO DEFEAT CANADIAN FASCISTS (MF GALAXY 175)

CATHLEEN ROOTSAERT ON WRITING MASS EFFECT, THREE DEAD TROLLS IN A BAGGIE (MF GALAXY 075)